Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him grow up

Arsenal news: Reiss Nelson says Hoffenheim loan has made him grow up
Arsenal youngster Reiss Nelson believes he has grown up during the German “mission” he’s been on.The England Under-21 international is heading into the final few weeks of his loan spell at Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.Arsenal starlet Reiss Nelson in action for Hoffenheim3
Arsenal starlet Reiss Nelson in action for Hoffenheim
A stellar start, injuries and struggles with the language have sent the Gunners forward on a steep learning curve.He was even dropped from the squad for the 2-1 win over Nurnberg earlier this month which boss Julian Nagelsmann described as an “educational measure”.“I was late to training, I was 20 minutes late, and that’s something I need to learn from,” Nelson said, ahead of England Under-21s’ friendly with Germany in Bournemouth on Tuesday.“You can make mistakes but it’s your job and you shouldn’t be late.“I held my hand up and I said sorry to him and we both moved on as bigger men.The England Under-21 international says he’s matured a lot during his spell in Germany3
The England Under-21 international says he’s matured a lot during his spell in Germany
“He put me in the squad the next week because I’d been doing well.“I’ve been out there for 10 months by myself. It’s not been easy and I haven’t had my mum or my brother about.“I’ve got to do my own shopping, I haven’t got many friends out there but it’s my job and I’m there to play football. “When I do come back I do like to go out with my friends and see family because in Germany I’m on a mission.“I do like to enjoy myself when I’m back but that’s normal for a guy my age.“I don’t get homesick but my family are very good, they’ll fly straight over and my brother will come and stay for a month and my mum will come over any time I ask her.”

LIVE on talkSPORT

There are six live commentaries across the talkSPORT network this week. Find out what they are and where to hear them, below...
  • Montenegro vs England (Monday) talkSPORT
  • France vsIceland (Monday) talkSPORT 2
  • Czech Republic vs Brazil (Tuesday) talkSPORT 2
  • West Brom vs Birmingham (Friday) talkSPORT 2
  • West Ham vs Everton (Saturday) talkSPORT
  • Portsmouth vs Sunderland (Sunday) talkSPORT 2
Six Bundesliga goals in his opening seven games earned the 19-year-old a Young Lions debut in October.He scored twice in his first two games – an impudent backheel helping the under-21s to a 6-0 win over Andorra to wrap up Euro 2019 qualification before netting in a 2-0 victory in Scotland.But since then form and fitness – Nelson suffered a back injury in January – has seen the forward struggle to make an impact and the young Gunner is yet to start in 2019 for Hoffenheim, who are ninth in the Bundesliga.The Arsenal youngster is on a season-long loan at Hoffenheim3
The Arsenal youngster is on a season-long loan at Hoffenheim
He is in regular touch with Jadon Sancho, but while Sancho – who started in England’s 5-0 win over the Czech Republic on Friday – has become a star at Borussia Dortmund, Nelson is pragmatic with his own development.“Football is like that, you dip in form – especially at my age – but the main thing is you keep your focus,” he said, having played 24 times this term.“You know what your targets are. Mine were just to play for Hoffenheim and do well when I get the chance.“I always try to be positive but not expect too much of myself, just have a nice balance.“After injury I was a bit sluggish in training, but with the help from the guys at Hoffenheim, they spoke to me well and nurtured me back in slowly.”

Gareth Southgate – complete with waistcoat – will be targeting another crack at international glory

Atletico Madrid are looking to sign Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso "I'm very happy to be joining Everton, a big club with so The deal would including a 30 percent sell-on clause for the
Chelsea complete signing of Roma left-back Emerson Palmieri

Victor Moses is not in Maurizio Sarris first-team plans

Arsenal have scouted Brazilian wonderkid Ramires SIX times as Unai Emery lines up January transfer move and has caught the eye of the scouts sent from the Emirates. GUNNERS NEWS All the
Arsenal scout Brazilian wonderkid six times as Gunners 'eye

Gonzalo Higuain will of course need time

ASTON VILLA are keeping an eye on Southampton striker Charlie Austin and a 'mystery' Premier League striker as a potential replacement for Scott Hogan. Daily Star - Published on January 31, 2019: Cardiff City launch deadline day bid for Southampton striker Charlie Austin with Wolves also keen - reports The striker is wanted by a number of clubs
Transfer Deadline Day: Which players will be on the move

Pochettino is ‘overrated’ according to Piers Morgan

Tottenham Hotspur team news: Predicted Spurs XI to face Manchester United in Premier League perfect away record in the Premier League when they face Jose Mourinho's Manchester United on
Tottenham team news: Predicted 4-2-3-1 line up vs Liverpool

Spurs are understood to be keen on Grillitsch

Tottenham Hotspur have provided updates on the fitness of both Eric Dier and Dele Alli. The north London club take on bitter rivals Chelsea on Wednesday looking to bounce back from defeat at Burnley. Both players missed Spurs' previous outing due to injury and illness respectively. Alli and Dier fitness updates ahead of Chelsea
Eric Dier and Dele Alli hail Spurs win over Chelsea

Maddison celebrates against Huddersfield

1,418 - Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has failed to score (or deliver an assist) in his last 1,418 minutes of play away from home in the Champions League - 23 hours and 38 minutes without finding
Champions League score predictions - ProSoccerTalk

The centre back could be available for 30million this summer

- Dean is returning to full health following bout of Pancreatitis - Hoyle thanks supporters for messages and well-wishes Huddersfield Town can confirm that Chairman Dean Hoyle is on the road to recovery after a lengthy battle with Pancreatitis. After attending the Premier League game at home to
Huddersfield chairman Dean Hoyle in hospital with pancreatitis

A Neymar strike is enjoyed by his PSG team-mates

to his No.1 goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, ESPN FC's Gab Marcotti and the FC crew explain why Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri should start Kepa against Fulham. - Higuain reacts to scoring in Chelsea win over Fulham - Продолжительность: 3:28 Sky Sports Football 3 555 просмотров.
Maurizio Sarri threatens to drop Kepa Arrizabalaga for Tottenham

Ben Woodburn has nine caps for Wales

Cristiano Ronaldo takes a tumble during training as Juventus stars get to work ahead of Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid. Juventus travel to play Atletico Madrid at Wanda Metropolitano
Cristiano Ronaldo nets first Juventus goals Douglas Costa

Salah wowed Anfield with his brilliant long-range strike – but not Shay Given!

Premier League hitmen Sergio Aguero, Mohamed Salah and Co are netting their way to the highest-scoring season ever with this campaign topping the goals-per-game ranking. There are more goals per
The Top Flight's Premier League Player Rankings: Strikers

Luis Suarez scored a remarkable 12 goals in six games against Norwich

Manchester United live transfer news, team news, fixtures, gossip and injury latest. Get all of the latest breaking transfer news, fixtures, squad news every day from the Manchester Evening News

No comments:

Post a Comment