Steve McClaren sacked: Ian Holloway says axed QPR manager ‘had my babies and took my kids’ in amazing talkSPORT interview

Steve McClaren sacked: Ian Holloway says axed QPR manager ‘had my babies and took my kids’ in amazing talkSPORT interview
Steve McClaren was today sacked as QPR manager, but Ian Holloway has no sympathy for the man he claims ‘took my job.’McClaren lasted less than a year in the Loftus Road dugout, and he has been dismissed following a run of 11 defeats in the past 14 matches – and only one win since Boxing Day.QPR chiefs were growing increasingly worried by the never-ending slump, which saw the west Londoners drop to within eight points of the Championship’s relegation places.After Saturday’s woeful home defeat by second-last Bolton, the decision was made to axe the 57-year-old – and Holloway is certainly not annoyed by the news. Ollie was sacked last May with McClaren succeeding him at Loftus Road, and he slammed his successor for allegedly talking to Tony Fernandes, the club’s chairman at the time, behind his back, and questioned why principles he was told to adhere to are not being followed through.“He took my job,” Holloway told talkSPORT. “I still had another year left at the club. Im still being paid by them now.“He was talking to the chairman while I was in the job, saying what hed do and what he’d change. He hasn’t been able to do that.“What goes around comes around. Where the hell are the young lads I was told to bring through? [Ebere] Eze isn’t playing, what about [Ryan] Manning? Theyre not playing.

LIVE ON talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
  • Middlesbrough vs Bristol City (Tuesday, 7:45pm) talkSPORT 2
  • Accrington Stanley vs Sunderland (Wednesday 7:45pm) talkSPORT 2
  • Southampton vs Liverpool (Friday, 8pm) talkSPORT
  • Norwich vs QPR (Saturday, 12:30pm) talkSPORT 2
  • Huddersfield vs Leicester (Saturday, 3pm) talkSPORT 2
  • Manchester City vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm) talkSPORT
  • Coventry vs Bristol Rovers (Sunday, 3pm) talkSPORT 2
  • Watford vs Wolves (Sunday, 4pm) talkSPORT
“I was told to promote the youth and bring people in who cared about the club, its not happening.“Would I go back? It depends who calls me, Les [Ferdinand, director of football] didnt want me to go.”Holloway was frustrated to lose his job with a year remaining on his contract, and compared McClaren replacing him as manager with someone ‘taking his kids’.Holloway was dismissed by QPR with a year remaining on his contract1
Holloway was dismissed by QPR with a year remaining on his contract
He had my babies and took my kids,” he continued. “It means the world to me.I felt I was in the best position to do that job. I wanted an extension on my contract.The owners made their choice and thats football at the end of the day.”


Steve McClaren was today sacked as QPR manager, but Ian Holloway has no sympathy for the man he claims 'took my job.' McClaren lasted less than a year in the Loftus Road dugout, and he has been dismissed following a run of 11 defeats in the past 14 matches - and only one win since Boxing Day.
Ian Holloway blasts Steve McClaren for taking his job at QPR


Holloway sat down with talkSPORT.com to discuss Steve McClaren's sacking, his own departure, Les Ferdinand and much more THE BIG INTERVIEW Ian Holloway EXCLUSIVE: Former QPR boss says axing
Sarri playing hard ball with Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea - Gist

Steve McClaren sacked: Ian Holloway says axed QPR manager


Ian Holloway has blasted Steve McClaren for taking his job at QPR and has claimed the sacked boss failed to play the youngsters he brought through. McClaren was axed on Monday after the west
'He took my job': Ian Holloway hits out after Steve McClaren


Apr 01, 2019 · Queens Park Rangers have sacked manager Steve McClaren after a dismal run but their former manager, Ian Holloway, says he has no sympathy for "He had my babies and took my kids
Steve McClaren sacked: Ian Holloway says axed QPR manager


Steve McClaren was today sacked as QPR manager, but Ian Holloway has no sympathy for the man he claims 'took my job.' McClaren lasted less than a year in the Loftus Road dugout, and he has
'He took my job': Ian Holloway hits out after Steve McClaren


Queens Park Rangers have sacked manager Steve McClaren after a dismal run of form dropped them to 17th in the Championship - but their former manager, Ian Holloway, says he has no sympathy for the man who replaced him at Loftus Road. "He took my job," Holloway told talkSPORT. "I still had another year left at the club.
'He took my job': Ian Holloway hits out after Steve McClaren


He had just made his first start for England's national team — before he had even started a Premier League game — in a European Championship qualifier at Montenegro in which he was racially abused by a section of home fans. Surely it was a moment for Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri to publicly praise the winger. Keep his confidence high.
Ian Holloway launches scathing verbal attack on ex


'He Took My Job' - Ian Holloway Has Little Sympathy For Steve McClaren After QPR Pull Plug On Another Drab Manager's Drab Tenure Steve McClaren has been sacked as QPR manager after 11
Ian Holloway EXCLUSIVE: Former QPR boss says - talksport.com


Ian Holloway has said he has no sympathy for Steve McClaren after his replacement at Loftus Road was sacked on Monday
'He Took My Job' - Ian Holloway Has Little Sympathy For Steve


Ian Holloway launches scathing verbal attack on ex-Middlesbrough boss Steve McClaren 'He was talking to the chairman while I was in the job, saying what he'd do,' said ex-QPR manager Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment